19 May 2020 | Author Stela Colun
Please find enclosed the English version of the bulletin on the recent news, approved by several normative acts.
ColunTax-Tax Allert-Tax News-19.05.2020
- The granting of technical unemployment benefits, which benefit employees and other professionals, is extended for the period between the end of the state of emergency – 15 May 2020 – and 31 May 31 2020, with the possibility of continuing after this date only in areas where will remain restrictions.
- Profit tax. Taxpayers paying profit tax, regardless of the reporting and payment system, taxpayers who pay micro-companies income, who pay the tax due by deadlines, 25 July 25 2020 inclusive, for the second quarter, and 25 October 2020 inclusive, for the third quarter, benefits from a 10% bonus calculated on the tax due.
- Deadline for submission of the single declaration was extended by 30 June 2020 inclusive (from 25 May 2020).
- Granting of bonuses in case of individual income tax and mandatory social contributions.
- Starting June 2020, employers – legal persons – must pay health insurance contribution for individuals for the during the suspension of their employment contracts, to a calculation basis represented by the minimum salary.
- The tax authority will perform the risk analysis only after the registration for VAT purposes of the taxable persons: companies with the headquarters of the economic activity in Romania, established based on the Companies Law no. 31/1990.
- There are exempt from VAT supplies to legally constituted associations and foundations of medicines, protective equipment, other medical devices and equipment and sanitary materials that can be used in the prevention, limitation, treatment and control of COVID-19, made by
1 September 2020.
- Local taxes. Granting powers to local councils to reduce the building tax in the case of buildings used by taxpayers who have completely ceased their activity, because of the establishment of the state of emergency.
- Fiscal amnesty for interest, penalties, and other accessories due by taxpayers who will pay the main arrears until 15 December 2020.
- Employers in the private system with more than 50 employees have the obligation to establish individualized work programs, without the employee’s consent, so that between employees to ensure the existence of an hour interval at the beginning and end of the work program, within three hours.
- Deadline for submission of the statement on beneficial owner is extended by
1 November 2020. It is no longer mandatory for the declaration to be notarized if it is submitted within that period.
- To benefit from the suspension of the repayment of installments, interest and commissions, the debtors send to the creditors a request in this respect, in letter format or by e-mail, to the contact data specified in the credit agreement or through another remote communication channel offered by the creditor, by 15 June 2020 at the latest
(extended from 15 May 2020).
- It is extended until 15 June 2020 deadline in which the Ministry of Economy, Energy and Business Environment may issue emergency certificates, upon request, to economic operators whose activity is affected in the context of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic during the state emergency.
I hope this document will be useful for you.
Stela Colun PhD
Mobile: +40 748 733 865
Colun Tax Consulting SRL
7 Barajul Sadului Alley
Bucharest, Sector 3